Tord Gustavsen Trio
Two years ago the Tord Gustavsen Trio released the extraordinary successful debut-album"Changing Places". With his new CD "The Ground" he created another masterpiece. Together with bassist Harald Johnsen and drummer Jarle Vespestad Tord Gustavsen guides the audience on a faint melancholic and unique journey. Enjoyable sophisticated music to relax and meditate. A spellbinding work of art. »
"The truth is in there"
In cooperation with the "Bruno Kreisky Archives Foundation" and the
"Austrian State Archives" M-IT developed an application called
"Archiopteryx" for the creation and administration of digital archives.
The datastructures behind the system are based on the phyiscal organization
often found in todays archives. The client of "Archiopteryx" can be
installed under Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP. On the server-side the database-systems
Adabas and Interbase running under Windows NT/2000 or Linux are supported.
"Archiopteryx" mirrors the "document-folder-box-shelves"-structure,
which is often used by small and medium-sized archives. Related documents stored
together in folders. The folders are sorted by topic and put into boxes placed
in the shelve-space.
In addition to the description of the physical location topics or subtopics are
assigned to each folder to build a logical organization. For faster retrieval
documents and folders are characterized by keywords taken from a user-maintained
catalogue. A more detailed illustration of the content is stored in the
"description" field of each document record. Persons are stored as separate
entities and can be linked to the documents.
- Distributed simultaneous registration of documents, letters, newspaper cuttings,
photos, video recordings, audio tapes
- Registration of data required for administration and scientific research
- Data model corresponds to the
- Support of archive-specific relational queries (e.g. show all documents related
to a specified person or keyword)
- Flexible user-manageable tree-structured organization by topics
- User-maintained catalogue of keywords which can be assigned to folders and documents
- Direct picture-import using the integrated TWAIN-Interface
- Document-records can be linked to any file resource like movies, sound, word-processing
files, et c.
- Sensitive data is protected by multiple user-levels
- Concurrent operation of an unlimited number of databases
- fast, easy and user-friendly input and retrieval of information
- Existing key-systems can be used
The systems supports different ways of searching for registered objects:
- a "database-browser" displays the hierarchical structure (topics and
subtopics, folders and documents) of the archive,
- the "linked-objects windows" contain a list of objects related to the
displayed object, and
- the "criteria-based search" is the most powerful tool for information
retrieval and supports relational queries.